Okay, well. That happened. Or did it?
Fuck if I know.
Let’s start with the non Densi portion of my huge problems with this random ass 42 minutes of an acid trip:
- Can you really tell what drug killed someone by photos of their postmortem skin condition? Mmmk.
- Why do they spend the whole episode wondering if he’s a good guy when he’s CLEARLY NOT. If he was a good guy he would have said, “Hey, guys, I’m a good guy” not spewed random metaphor bullshit for the entire thing. Why did anyone think he was good he was so damn hostile I don’t even track what the hell.
- How did Callen know the “safe word” was for Olivia? Hetty’s text was not explanatory.
- Why why why did Angelo warn Olivia? Why didn’t he just let her continue to play the dumb wife while her husband got locked up? Why did he sacrifice himself there when she wasn’t in trouble. I R SO CONFUSED.
- They let the bad guy who tried to have all their agents killed GO?? Because his raccoon got drowned in the bag and now he’s just going to chew shit up until Hetty calls on him again? SERIOUSLY WTF.
It shocks and amazes me that I am more supportive of Kensi this ep than Deeks because wtf Deeks. I mean, I get that you just sort of water-boarded someone because you love her but do you think that’ll change if you don’t bang her? Do you really? Are you going to have a different wife and raise some kids and be partners with Kensi and then the next time she gets caught be like, “NBD guys I’m tapping it elsewhere you can totes have Kensalina”?
There is no logic here.
Were it not for the fact that she left without him, I’d assume they’re together. At first I thought the knife returning was him turning her down, and she did too, but I think it was a fake-out. He was giving it back because she asked him to hold it for her and now she’s back. And raccoons mate for life, which is to say that they’re the raccoons and they’re mated for life and he’s not going to give up on her ever and he’ll be chewing up the furniture one day. And then she gets that he’s saying that and figures it’s time to open up the box. So she gives it to him.
…. and then LEAVES? IDK that ruins my theory because why does she leave? But she’s smiling? And he opens it and then doesn’t finish opening it because what would we do if we didn’t have a literal symbol of the static status of their relationship, right?
To summarize: everything’s going to go back to normal and we’ll still assume no one is doing anyone for no good god damned reason until someone is in peril or some shit in the finale or someone flirts with someone else and wake me the hell up when someone’s mapped this out because I can’t be bothered.
And side note, if they bring Talia back as a love interest when there clearly was no interest on Deeks’ part the first time then I’m going to take a long walk off a short cliff.
I’m not watching this show anymore
I’m just going to act it out at home
Alternate caption: “NCIS: LA Season 15”
The only flashbacks were the ones Kalstein was having of the last time he did shrooms when he wrote the script for this episode.